Waiting for the baby to be born is certainly an exciting time for parents, but not all pregnant women can go through the normal birthing process without problems.
There will be many obstacles and it will take a long time to even get some medical help to deliver your baby safely.
There are several ways to stimulate labor to make it easier when the time comes. One of the most common attempts is to have sex at the time of delivery.
Is it true that sex during the last stage of pregnancy can stimulate labor?
1. How can sex promote childbirth?
It’s not just a myth, having sex to start labor is true. This is because during sexual intercourse, the amount of hormones in the body of pregnant women that stimulate labor will increase.
Oxytocin or the hormone released during an orgasm is also called the love hormone. This hormone will increase and cause contractions in pregnant women so that it can induce pregnant women to give birth.
Oxytocin is the same hormone found in phytocin (a synthetic form of oxytocin).
Oxytocin is a drug that is used in hospitals to induce labor. So it feels more natural when you increase the love hormone to stimulate labor.
Not only the love hormone, but also the prostaglandin hormone in a partner’s semen or semen can stimulate labor.
Make sure that ejaculation takes place in the vagina so that the prostaglandin hormone that enters the body of pregnant women can help to soften, open and dilate the cervix as an outlet for the baby.
2. Is it safe to have sex during pregnancy?
Having sex in late pregnancy is really safe, as long as you don’t have certain pregnancy problems and are comfortable doing it.
If you experience the following problems:
- Problems with the placenta (such as placenta previa),
- the amniotic fluid is broken or damaged,
- have vaginal bleeding,
then you shouldn’t do this. Having sex when the water has broken can increase the risk of infection.
When you have sex you experience regular contractions of between 30 and 70 seconds, even longer and stronger, you need to take a short break or get into a more comfortable position.
However, it should be noted that some pregnant women will feel uncomfortable during intercourse. This is natural to feel
Sex during pregnancy should not be carried out violently. It is better to try other postures that make pregnant women feel more comfortable.
3. Benefits of sex before childbirth
Having sex in late pregnancy has several benefits, including:
- Facilitates labor and recovery: This is because it causes you to contract and helps strengthen the muscles needed for labor and postpartum.
- Less need to urinate during labor – The same muscles that you strengthen before labor can also help with urine flow, reducing burping.
- Prevention of complications: can help prevent pre-eclampsia. Many studies believe that semen protein can boost the immune system.
- Increase self-confidence: Sex can restore confidence and positive feelings before delivery.
- Reduce stress: There are many factors that cause anxiety in pregnant women before delivery, which makes pregnant women feel stressed. The love hormones that are released when you have an orgasm can help relieve some of that stress and can also help you sleep better.
- Strengthening relationships with partners: Frequent sex can also strengthen intimate relationships and ties with dad, which will also form healthy habits for the future.
That’s the pre-delivery sexual information you need to know. To have safer and more comfortable sex, the mother can first consult with a doctor about when to do it and what positions are safe.
Congratulations on waiting for the baby to be born, hopefully it will be of use.